The modern use of flotation therapy is a kind of health therapy where someone floats on their back in a tank of warm, salty water. The tanks have been specially developed for this very reason, and those undergoing this experience are said to be receiving one of the very best techniques of relaxation available.
In some fields of alternative medicine, flotation therapy is being utilised as a way to assist users in obtaining particular goals, and making use of flotation tanks for meditation and mental de-stressing. If you are interested in experiencing float therapy in Perth, you can easily locate the nearest and best flotation facility by going online and making use of a search engine to look for “flotation therapy” in W. Australia.
- At the outset, floatation tanks were developed for experiments in sensory deprivation way back in the 1950s.
- Investigators thought that the human brain would slip into a state of semi-consciousness when someone’s body was floating in warm water in a dark, soundproofed environment.
- And earlier tests did actually suggest that this was actually the case.
- As the research personnel were relaxing in the floatation tanks, their brain waves did indeed alter, right up until they had reached a state of very deep relaxation that is somewhat similar to unconsciousness.
Right Up to the Present
Nowadays, floatation tanks are developed similar to isolation tanks, and they are also built more open for people who suffer from any form of claustrophobia. These tanks contain warm water and Epsom salts, something which helps to make the water easier to float on without too much effort. The tanks are also constructed with high tech air circulation systems which make sure that the air in the tank is always fresh and pleasant.
During a floatation therapy session, you will have to wear a bathing costume and take a shower prior to entering a tank. The therapist will talk about what a customer will experience before he or she gets into a tank, and people areadvised to take off any distractions such as jewellery. The fitting of ear plugs can be offered to keep water out of the client’s ears and to keep noise to a minimum.
Time Well Spent
- In most cases, floatation therapy customers will normally spend about an hour or more in the heated tank and as they go into a state of total relaxation.
- They can reach a level of deep meditation, or concentrate on particular concerns that they wish to deal with.
- The warm water helps to separate any feeling of a body boundary, which then goes on to stimulate the mind and body in relaxing at a deeper level.
- People have been known to not only meditate, but focus on intricate maths issues, conduct self-hypnosis and analysis inside the confines of a floatation tank.
After a session finishes, the customer slowly leaves and takes another shower; and in some cases, consult with a therapist to go over his or her experiences.