What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry Austin TX is provided by numerous dentists within this lively capital city. It’ll be music in your mouth when you have the cosmetic procedure that’ll improve the appearance of your teeth. While the American Dental Association doesn’t consider this a formal area of practice, many dentists provide cosmetic dentistry to aesthetically enhance:
- healthy looking teeth
Is Cosmetic Dentistry Right For You?
If you’re concerned with the appearance of your teeth this type of dentistry is what you need. There are a number of reasons why people choose cosmetic dentistry Austin TX to enhance their appearance. Here are a few:
- improve one’s self-esteem
- prevent public embarrassment by covering up tooth defects
- make a good impression
- feel confident
- look vibrantly healthy
The Types Of Procedures That Are Performed By Cosmetic Dentists
When you’re concerned about the position, color, or size of your teeth a cosmetic dentist will help to fix their appearance. There are numerous procedures that cosmetic dentists can use to make your teeth look better. Some of these are:
- Tooth whitening
- Tooth reshaping
- Gum lift
- Tooth bonding
- Porcelain veneers
Based your concern with your teeth, the appropriate treatment should be discussed with your dentist.
Determine The Cosmetic Dental Procedure That’s Right For You
With the numerous tooth enhancing procedures that are available it’s important to understand their methods and purposes. Make an appointment with your dentist to discuss in further detail how they can help you to get your teeth to look the way you want. The methods and purposes include:
- Laser Whitening– a bleaching agent is applied to your teeth while a laser beam shines on them to hasten the whitening process. It’s the most effective tooth whitening treatment available.
- Contouring– enamel is removed to take away chips in your teeth or to shorten them.
- Porcelain Veneers– thin porcelain laminate is cemented onto your teeth to fix gaps, brighten, or change their shape.
- Porcelain Crown– tooth is fitted with a temporary crown while the permanent crown is shaped to fit properly in your mouth at a lab. They cover up tooth decay damage, replace missing teeth or reshape teeth.
- Gum Lift– gum tissue or bone is sculpted to make teeth appear even or elongated.
Recognized By The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
The AACD is the largest international organization dedicated to the study and progression of cosmetic dentistry techniques. People involved include:
- dental lab technicians
The AACD was started in 1984 to validate the acceptable standards and practices within the practice of cosmetic dentistry. The American Board of Cosmetic Dentistry (ABCD) tests and evaluates a dentist’s or technician’s ability to perform the standard procedures with an acceptable level of competence. If they meet the required standards they will receive AACD accreditation. The AACD has 7,000 members in 70 countries. Look for this accreditation at your dentist’s office to ensure you’re in the hands of a knowledgeable professional.